Friday, January 11, 2008

Conrad in Argentina!





Okay so I FINALLY got some pics from Conrad!! I was so excited when he emailed them to me. Apparently he couldn't get it to work before, but now it is so, hey that's good with me! Conrad is really enjoying Argentina and he LOVES the people there. He is doing pretty good at speaking and understanding the language, he's not at the level he would like to be yet, but he is deffinately making progress:) Conrad has a new comp, Elder Jernigan. He's from Sedona, AZ! And to make things even better, Conrad says the guy is hilarious so he absolutely loves him! Obviously from the looks of things, they're getting along pretty good! I got a letter from Conrad yesterday in the mail, YES in the MAIL, an ACTUAL letter! I was so excited! It's funny cause Conrad told me he sent that about a month ago, haha, but hey at

least I received it! He talks about the funniest things....they don't have peanut butter, marshmellows, rootbeer, Ranch dressing, microwavable meals and all sorts of other things. One of Conrad's favorite things about the country is something called a baday, lol, not sure if I should go into too much detail about that one but it pretty much is another toilet next to the toilet you use and it sprays your bumm to clean the poo off, YUCK! HAHA, and the funny part is that Conrad thinks this is the greatest invention ever and wants one in our house! Ha, NO WAY :) My mom was reading his letter, she was laughing hard already anyway, but once she got to that part she was laughing histerically! It was a funny sight :) Another thing he told me is that soda is sold in big glass bottles down there and it's only 40 cents, plus they have the greatest helado around (ice cream) oh, AND he LOVES their bread! Uh oh, yep....you guessed it.....Conrad's gaining weight!! Ha ha, he said not to worry cause he's cut back alot on eating all of those fun things, however he did say that if he gets fat then I can get fat so hey we're all good! Just kidding, not to worry :) Conrad and his comp tought 20 lessons last week and had about 8 investigators come to church, isn't that great?! He said it was a really good week, and to make it even better.....his first baptism is February 8th! He is an older man who is a grounds keeper for the church and absolutely loves his family. Conrad absolutely loves this man and is so excited to bring him closer to the Gospel. Well there is a quick summary of my boy! I'm so proud of him, he's doing an amazing job and the people of Argentina love him!

3 comments:

Melissa Stadler said...

It sounds like he is doing awesome! I love it! That is so great that he got a companion from AZ. What are the chances? When my bro went to Argentina he would send pics of the crazy animals they had to eat at investigators houses. I was so scared and so I am relieved to know that Conrad can survive on ice cream and bread!! :) Keep us posted on your man.

Wendi and Matt said...

cute kristen!! Argentina must be awesome! you should go visit there with him after his mission! it looks fun! Im glad he's doing well he's so cute :)

Stacy said...

Kristen! It's Stacy (mickelson) from 56th ward. Your blog is so cute! My husband went to Argentina on his mission. Which mission within Argentina did your boy go? Steve went to Cordoba. Steve misses it so much. Well I hope you are doing good!