Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How My Love Story Began


This is another one of my writing assignments for class. I was able to write about whatever I wanted this time so I chose to write about how the love story of Conrad and I began. It's pretty corny, so don't laugh! Haha, just kidding you can laugh, I do! Enjoy because I certainly enjoyed replaying these memories in my head to write them for you :)

It was a Sunday and I was new in the ward. I was on my way to Sunday school, the door opened and there he was. I did not know it yet, but this boy was going to be my high school sweet heart, love of my life and someday eternal companion. At the time I just thought he was a cute yet shy boy. Oh if only I knew.

Time passed and we became friends. We rode the same bus to school, went to the same church, and his mom was even my young women’s president. Our friendship became stronger over the years. We would walk together to class and talk to each other whenever possible. I remember always wanting him, wishing that I could be his. But I always thought that there was no way he would ever like me the way that I liked him. I was just not cute enough or good enough for him. Time went on and I learned to love him only as a friend. I would even try to set my friends up with him because I thought he was so wonderful, yet my friends never found that interest in him the way that I did. Thank goodness for that.

After being good friends for two years, something happened. The way he teased me was different, there was something about the way he smiled at me. I wondered if he was starting to feel the same way I was too but thought, “Nah, it’s just me”. Oh little did I know what was about to come my way. One day he and his friends thought it would be funny if we pretended that we were “going out” to tease one of his friends who happened to like me. The plan was to walk up to our group of friends in the school hall while we were holding hands. This was supposed to get his friends’ attention and make him jealous. Well I of course was fine by this and was surprised when he was too. When he grabbed my hand I felt a lump in my throat and butterflies started to flutter in my stomach. I had the biggest smile on my face and there was no hiding it. Sure enough his friend fell for the trick but even after finding out it was a joke he continued to hold my hand. The following day he thought it would be funny to tease his friend again by doing the same thing. I personally think he just wanted to hold my hand again. After that day things began to fall into place. One day while walking to class I just could not hold it in any longer and told him straight out, “ I like you!”. He smiled and said he knew it because he could tell. So I smiled back and told him that I could tell he liked me too, he laughed and told me I was right. I couldn’t believe my ears, was this really happening to me?

And that’s how it all began. We were corny kids in high school and I suppose you could say we are still pretty corny. We write silly love notes, laugh at each other‘s dumb jokes, and I still melt whenever I hear his voice. It all began my Junior year and we haven’t been apart since. We have been together for four and a half years now and plan on getting married in October. A dream come true! Finally!

Conrad and I on my 19th bday


Us at the dunes, havin' a good ol' time!

Good joke we always played on eachother. I love you more, no I love YOU more!!! haha, I WON!

Well at least I did that night :)



Us at a Coyotes hockey game

Playing in the snow up by Payson


OH the days, it all seems so long ago! I can't wait for him to come home so we can take new pictures and make new memories!! 7.5 months left!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

7 comments:

Wendi and Matt said...

Kristen, I love it!! It is so high school.. but there is not avoiding it since your story is in high school! (duh) But that was so great! After reading that and seeing your pictures, I can see how much more you guys are in love and so right! Its so dang cute! We need to catch up sometime soon cuz its been a while and I need a girls night!

Ps. To break paragraphs, its simple.. just do this when you want to break
and it will break the paragraph! :) hope that works out for you.

Wendi and Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
What's for dinner? said...

I love it...It reminded me so much of being in High school!

Wendi and Matt said...

You are so welcome! And k lets plan it so we will do it hehe. When works for you??

Brittany Owens said...

How fun to hear THE story. Now, the next story will be how he proposed. Offically anyway. You look so much older and wiser with your hair different. Random comment I know.

Heather said...

That is such a cute essay!! I love it!!! I can't wait for him to come home, and for all of us to finally play together!!!! woop woop

The Epps Fam said...

What a sweet love story. I can't wait for him to come home and I don't even know him! Ha ha! Hasn't the time flown by?!