Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My 4th of July Weekend!











So this was my 4th of July weekend! My family went up to my grandma Allen's house who lives up in Taylor, AZ. A lot of people don't know where that is, it's up by Showlow and Snowflake. A small little town in the mountains! It's tradition for our family to celebrate the 4th up there, we go just about every year! Megan brought her friend Ashley up with us and we had tons of girly fun! We sleep on my grandma's front lawn the night before (except this year cause it rained!) and we wake up about 4 am for the Anville! (Pictured above) It's been going on for the past 50 years...everyone in the town wakes up and follows the anville around town in their trucks and cars all while honking their horns to wake everyone up! There's always a band that plays and firetrucks, this year there was even a semi that followed! This always lasts till about 6:30am. Afterwards we always have breakfast (pancakes, eggs, and fruit) at my grandmas house with our cousins. That night is the Taylor Rodeo where we eat delicious Navajo Tacos, scream our heads off cheering for the cowboys, and watch amazing Taylor fireworks! It's always a trip to remember, good family tradition!:)
This year I took pictures of my parents on my grandma's property. In September they will be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary! Above I posted a few for a sneak peak, I'll have more when their anniversary comes around! (I'm trying to get into photography, I love it and would like to make a career out of it on the side! So if anyone needs pictures done for cheap I will do them because I've got to start a portfolio.) Enjoy!

5 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Kristen,
Great pictures! How much do you charge? Email me and let me know. I need to get a family picture taken.
Sounds like you had a great 4th too. We weren't too far away from you this weekend. Almost went to Taylor for the rodeo but decided to go to Heber instead.
Traditions are great and so are families.
Your parents look wonderful! Give them my love. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

What's for dinner? said...

Hey you did a good job on the pictures! Burt bought me a really nice camera for christmas and I'm such an amature photographer that all of my pictures end up sucking! I need to find a night class for photography and start going to one...you wanna do that with me?

What's for dinner? said...

I'll talk to Burt about taking the class. Is it the one at the main campus? Tuesdays and Thursdays are great because Burt has class on Wednesdays.

Anonymous said...

Oh Girly!!!
You did a wonderful job, and I would definitely like you to do our photos.
We want to get some the day that we get sealed in the temple, how much are you going to charge?
Email me and let me know.
tytysprincess07@yahoo.com

B said...

Awesome!! We're comming to town in August for Nick's wedding and we'd love to have family photos/ baby pics done:) email me or call me and let's set it up! Your photos look awesome!